1. Check your eligibility
Candidates and Voters must be:
- Canadian Citizens,
- 18 on polling day, and
- an eligible elector via specific criteria for each school board.
Check your eligibility for the board you're seeking election to.
2. Complete your nomination package
Potential Candidates need a Nomination package. The package is available for download or pickup at:
3. Submit your completed nomination package
You can submit completed nomination forms between October 17 and 12 noon on October 27.
Completed nomination papers can be:
4. Submit your photo and biography to Elections Yukon
Approved candidates may email a photograph and short biography to Elections Yukon. Photographs and biographies will appear on Elections Yukon’s webpage.
- Be taken within the last 12 months;
- Present a frontal view of the candidate’s head and shoulders; and
- Exclude head coverings, unless required for religious or medical reasons.
Elections Yukon only accepts Digital photos. Photos cannot exceed 2MB and must be at least 500x500 pixels.
Biographies must be 200 words or less. If a biography contains more than 200 words, we will only publish the first 200 words. Biographies must be in a digital format for use on the Elections Yukon Website.
You may add Contact information to your biography, and you can provide updates as needed.
Approval of Photos and biographies is at Elections Yukon's discretion. Photos and Biographies will appear on the Elections Yukon website after approval.