1. Check your eligibility
To be eligible to vote or be a candidate, you must be a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years of age on polling day (November 7, 2022). Each school board has specific eligibility criteria. Check your eligibility for the board you're voting in.
2. Have your identification ready
Identification must by uploaded with your online application. Most electors opt to upload a photo of their Yukon driver's license or General Identification Card. Other options are available.
You will need a unique email address. This is where your password will be sent.
3. Understand how Voting online works
- After submitting your application, it is reviewed by Elections Yukon.
- Once it is approved, you will receive an email from Simply Voting containing a unique password.
- Click on the link in your email. This will take you to the online voting portal. You will log in using your date of birth and the password in your email.
- Cast your ballot by Monday, November 7 at 8:00 pm.
After you vote, you will receive a receipt number. Write it down. After the polls close, you will be able to confirm that your vote has been received and recorded using your receipt number.