As part of the update to the List of Authorized Identification currently under review, Elections Yukon looks to continuous improvement of access to vote and to the integrity of the vote. This is to ensure that individuals who have the right to vote – over 18 years of age, a Canadian citizen and having resided in The Yukon for one year – are given the opportunity.
Registration as an elector requires proof of identity and address. This confirms eligibility as an elector and assigns the electoral district where the vote will be cast and counted. Identification requirements must accommodate electors who are:
· Persons recently moved or otherwise without current address identification
· Alternative living arrangements (such as couch surfers, living in mobile units, hotels or staying with friends/relatives)
· Living off-the-grid
· Non-traditional lifestyles
What are your thoughts on the kinds of identification that electors should be able to use to register to vote?
Submissions are due by Tuesday, September 7, 2021 and can be made through:
· Email at email@example.com
· Fax at (867) 393-6977
· Mail at Box 2703(A-9), Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6