Main page content

Ways to Vote for School Council Elections

Which schools will have a poll?

Polls are required to elect members to school council for the following attendance areas:

Who are the candidates?

The list of confirmed and acclaimed candidates is now available. 

What are my options to vote?

Eligible electors have multiple opportunites to vote:

Ways to vote




Ballot type


April 27

3:00 to
6:00 PM

   Schools holding an election

Regular ballot

April 30

1:00 to
4:00 PM

   Schools holding an election

Regular ballot

Monday to Friday
April 22 to April 29

10:00 AM to
4:00 PM

   Main Admin Building

Special ballot


May 2

3:00 PM to
8:00 PM

   Schools holding an election

Regular ballot

10:00 AM to
8:00 PM

    Main Admin Building

Special ballot

Additional voting

Contact the Returning Officer
  • By appointment
  • Home visit
  • Mail-in ballot
Special ballot


To request a mail-in ballot, contact Elections Yukon at or (867) 667-8683.

Am I eligible to vote?

To be eligible to vote at schools holding an election, electors must be:

  • a Canadian citizen; and
  • at least 18 years of age; and
  • qualified to vote in the attendance area based on either:
    • being a resident in the attendance area for three months or more; and/or
    • being a parent1 of a student who attends the school.

1 parent refers to the biological parents, the adoptive parents by custom or otherwise, the persons legally entitled to custody, or the persons who usually have the care and control of the child.

How do I contact my Returning Officer?

Returning Officers do not have offices and are available as required. Electors and candidates can either contact their Returning Officer directly, or they can call Elections Yukon at (867) 667-8683.

How do I find out more?

Review the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about school council elections.

Why is my school not having an election?

Some school attendance areas are not holding a poll because either: